20.8.13

Tuesday Crush: Yuna

Yep. I'm trying to keep my word to write more frequently, so I'll post every things that I'm currently into, every Tuesday, with label Tuesday Crush. Why Tuesday? Because I always think that the word 'tuesday' is somehow sounds more romantic and whimsical than the other six, isn't it? What? You don't agree with me? Whatever :D

For the very first Tuesday Crush post, let me introduce you.... *drum roll* the talented Ms. Yuna!
Yaaay!!!


Yuna - Live Your Life Official Video

Sure, obviously many people have heard about her. I remember the first time I heard her song, I thought it was a western singer, and her song reminded me of Corinne Bailey Rae meet Feist with a touch of Zooey Deschanel (disclaimer: I'm no music expert so, that was my subjective opinion). And I fell in love with the song.

Actually there's other similar artist like Yuna (e.g. Malaysia also have Zee Avi), but what makes her stands out is, her hijab. And her sincere and down-to-earth appearance. Hell yeaah, she's got produced by Pharrel, and she's currently living in US, but that doesn't make her act like a go-international-wannabees scumbags and she keeps her way of dress, just like what she's done in Malaysia. As a Melayu and Moslem woman, I'm proud of her.

Apart from that, she also somehow always put sincere emotions in her songs. She doesn't over act her performances in live shows and it's like she's singing from her heart. And her lyrics are also empowering. I love her.

Here's another video while she covered Nirvana - Come As You Are. Awesomeness overload. Enjoy! And live your life!




No comments:

Post a Comment